Thursday, May 14, 2009

Load shedding.And something in me would be smiling inspite of the complaints.I'd sneak into a corner,lean thin shoulders against a rough wall and savour the silence-time.The mind would pick up a stray thread of reality and build around it.Any number of pleasant falsities.And nobody would interrupt with a jarring-Dinner khabena?It does not matter that the object in question was an idiot.I didnt know that then and rather liked my softly trembling reveries.
Of course it was sheer inexcusable nyakami.So when I look back I am filled with contempt and perhaps also ...a little envy.For Load sheddings aren't the same anymore.
I once tried to simulate the environment.Placed myself next to a window and played some suitable music.Then waited paitently for it to happen.Nothing happened.The moon looked down at me insipid,cynical.Feeling an utter fool I tore the earphones off and flung the blasted thing away.
Idiot me.

5 comments:

Shalmi said...

I tried that with Cohen and rain and streetlights yesterday and felt a fool this morning. Felt nice while it lasted though so who cares about afterwards.

Anushka said...

I can still feel that way. I don't think I'll ever quite grow up :(

joey said...

@anushka-lucky you.

rhea said...

i know that feeling. haven't felt it for quite a while.
escapist ? I ask myself, and then it goes.

topshe said...

I used to do it as well, you know.