Monday, May 25, 2009

Friends

The night before the ISC history exam I got a panic attack.

"Shitshitshit."
Jayatri continued looking over chemistry formulae knowing I'd elaborate soon.
"Listen man.This scope says Nassers role in NAM is to be studied in detail
"Okay Joey.So study it in detail."
"Its two o clock at night!But thats not the problem...Khan had asked me to photocopy her notes on it and distribute it in class.There was a bandh or something so I thought I'd mail it to people later.."
"And you forgot?"
*Guilty look* "Ki kori ebar?I mean if a question on that is in tomorrows paper I will be crucified."
"Do something.Go to school early tomorrow and tell people whats in the note.They can then attempt the ojectives or whatever."
"I can't do that.I dont know anything about the NAM except what the acromym stands for.I left out the entire segment re."
"Wonderful.Then you will just get screwed tomorrow."
*Feverish nail biting* "I know..royally."
Then I performed my usual stress routine.Walked around the room jerkily.Took large gulps from the coke bottle.Desperately crunched on soya sticks then went to the loo.
After that there was simply nothing left to be done.All the while oblivious to the fact that someone else was trying to study in the same room.I mean I had a problem with a capital p, did no one in the whole wide world care??
Yes thats how selfish I can be.
"Jayatri..."
She shut her book and looked up.
"Joey stop freaking out!You'll do have choice in the paper,don't you?"
"Ye-es..."
"Besides it not your fault.."
Weak protest from me.
"She just shouldn't have given it to an irresponsible dumbfuck like you."

I'd always believed that friends were for JUST this.

6 comments:

SPIRITed! said...

HAHAHAHA!

The ending was justtoogood :D

I'd love to meet your friend someday.

Shalmi said...

Joey. When you make such observations is when your gadha-ness becomes endearing. Have I already mentioned that?

rhea said...

yes, they are. :)

i've heard this before, but still.
:)

nicely put.

Anushka said...

:D

Relatable, apart from the fact that I would be furiously trying to defend myself. And I have given up on coke. Not everyone has wonder-metabolism.

Jayatri said...

*hehehe*

im listenin to vienna...and grace kelly...and everythings just coming back.

Shalmi said...

Joey... I've been searching your blog with a fine tooth comb looking for something, ANYTHING, to put in the magazine. Though I realize none of what you write is magazine material. In a good way, I mean. But I'm frigging desperate. And this would have been perfect, but I'd have had to censor out all the inappropriate words and I couldn't bear to do that. Not to this.

Most aggravating you are o uncensorable once.