Friday, September 7, 2012

(School) Teacher

These are not good grades, she complained. He is not studying. How do I make him study. Can you give him extra work? I will sit with him through it. I asked the doctor if there is anything I should be feeding him to improve his concentration. I’ll take that phone away I think. Yoga helps, no? I wake him early every morning to do his yoga exercises. Do you take private lessons? I was telling him-see,with maths its practice. Regular practice. Speed improves. I mean now he takes the full time to do the question papers. I’ve said do it in half that time. He shouldn’t be taking two hours to complete that paper no sir? What do you think? You’re not saying anything.

I laughed and said that at his age even I would take two hours to complete that paper. You need not panic.

I saw the panic leap greater in her eyes.

2 comments:

Shalmi said...

This is comical like Pagliacci is comical.

joey said...

I love the bilingual pun in Pagliacci. =P